Friday, December 11, 2009

3o years...er, maybe 29 again!

My 30th Birthday was aWeSoMe! I started the day with dragging my behind out of bed for my workout so that I would feel nice about myself and all the cake and Ice cream I plan to consume all year! I had an amazing 1 hour massage at the Garden day spa with Patty (Don gave it to me for Christmas last year & I still had it) I asked Patty to marry me, she said "no" but that she would be my best friend. I headed over to get a manicure at Sparkling nails & the cute girl talked me into a pedicure ( didn't take much convincing). After, I had my foot long black roots highlighted (about time). A very uncommonly girlie day for me!
My toes! Like my pose?
Don asked my mom to babysit so he could take me to dinner.....or so I thought. We headed down town to the Olive Garden (because I cant stay away). Then he told me we were not going home and we headed over to the.....Ta da... ArmStrong Mansion! If you haven't been...you oughta!

When we got to our room (February Interlude) they had the lights dimmed, pretty rose petals scattered, glowing tea lights set all around, a yummy fudge heart with my name on it, Sparkling cider, cozy robes & my favorite... a huge bathtub up a winding iron staircase in the top turret of the house. It was so awesome & unexpected. My Husband is awesome, he knew I really needed some time for us without our darling babes.




Thanks to all my friends and family for the Happy Birthday wishes! It was an incredible day! My goals this year are to #1 be PATIENT...cause..well, I'm not! #2 Spend more time on/with- who/whats important & what matters...because I want to KNOW I made the most of my life!
Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty toes and what a cool surprise! I love the Armstrong Mansion, but have only been once (September Room). Sounds like you were a little (deservingly) spoiled. I'm happy you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a wonderful husband you have. Totally treated.

    (www.soaringcrowes.blogspot.com)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late Birthday!! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!!

    Late...

    sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete